This pasta salad goes great as a side dish to grilled chicken. You could even mix the grilled chicken into the pasta salad if you wanted to (it’s delicious either way).
- 1 lb. tri color rotini pasta (I use the tri-color for the eye appeal. It’s also more nutritious than white pasta if you choose a veggie version. You could use whole grain rotini if you wanted also.)
- 1 medium sized cucumber peeled and cut into bite size pieces
- Italian salad dressing (you can also use olive oil and Italian seasonings as a substitute)
- Grape or cherry tomatoes (you can leave them whole or cut them in half)
- Feta cheese (optional)
- Salt (to taste if desired)
Boil the pasta until tender. Drain the pasta and allow it to cool to room temperature. Once the pasta has cooled, place it in a large bowl and add in enough salad dressing until to evenly cover the pasta. After coating the pasta, taste the pasta. You can add salt if needed, or more dressing until the taste is to your liking.
Once you have gotten the taste right mix the cucumber, tomatoes, and cheese into the pasta carefully. If you are using the feta cheese, go easy on the feta to begin with. It is a salty cheese with a strong flavor. My mother-in-law doesn’t like the taste so I bring it along to add in later.
Place the bowl into the fridge and allow the pasta to sit for an hour or so. This gives all the ingredients time to blend. Take the pasta out of the fridge after the hour or so and check the flavor once again. Adjust the seasonings if needed to suit your taste and enjoy!
Subscribe to our email newsletter, a must read for those of you who are trying to feed your family healthy meals in less time.